Re: No more Costco tires for me

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Ben (64.121.48.151) on 23:25:24 06/25/07

In Reply to: Re: No more Costco tires for me posted by Steve in ID

Big O Tire tried marketing pressure of "that warranty is going away, so buy now" on that policy change. April 1 was the drop dead date.

Really liked the manager of this store, as he said that corporate made the change because they 'think' they have enough of a customer base to do this and that marketing said no longer 'need' to do this.

Then he quite and don't know where to find that guy. The new manager is about 20 years younger (mid 20's) and 'slick' in his marketing verbiage.

Tried to sell me on a front lift kit to stuff in the LT285/75R16's while telling me time is running out and will lose that wonderful warranty. Told him already cut sheetmetal and just about 1" more by cranking the front bars....he didn't know what that meant...just that this kit works well and that they sell tons of them. Asked if the kit was the Ford keys and he was confused by Ford and GM in the same sentence....the took out the flier and it turns out to be torsion bar end at the A-Arm angle change (aka...Ford key, but at the other end of the bar).

Guess each store has it's personality from location to location...

Meridian and Caldwell (sp?) has some of the nicest junk yards ever seen or been to. Every vehicle was on steel wheels and neatly laid out in rows.

Most of the sheetmetal was removed and categorized in a huge open stock yard.

Got some new sheetmetal after banging up the 73 K5 off roading up north in the Pan Handle area.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com
Contact us         Home Page