Is my Revo wearing too fast?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Peter (12.149.100.21) on 12:24:52 08/01/07

I have had my Bridgestone Dueler Revo tires (P265-70 on a 2000 K1500 Sub) for a few years now and love them. My mechanic hates them. He says they are loud and wear unevenly. I trust my mechanic as a tech and as a person so giving him benefit of the doubt, I think he sees himself helping me out by steering me towards lower cost tires and away from agressive tread patterns with higher maintenance (he has to rotate them more often).

Anyhow, my issue is that I think I am approaching the tread-wear indicator. The tires are 3 years old and have about 28,000 miles on them. When I bought them, the tire dealer said they do not honor or offer tread life warranties on the tires. but I think the tires have worn down pretty fast.

Also, the warranty that I found on the Bridgestone Web site says 2/32" is the threshold for wear. It seems like the treadwear indicator is higher than that.

What are my options apart from just buying replacements straight up? I can always go back to the tire shop and see what they offer. Do I accept that this is normal wear (28,000 miles in 3 years) for a Revo? All 4 have similar wear patterns with very little uneven wear.

Any suggestions?

- Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]