Re: OT: Anyone been to Hawaii ??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by #1 Son (98.199.243.137) on 02:30:12 08/08/07

In Reply to: OT: Anyone been to Hawaii ?? posted by Marty

We were there back at the end of May, visited the Big Island first. Took a "round the Island Tour," which included a visit to the Volcano area. The tour took over 11 hours. Tiring but enjoyable. Another stopping point was the Parker's Ranch Shopping Center. There is a very unusual stop sign at the exit:

Then, spent 5 days in Honolulu, Oahu. From there, we took a flight/tour to Hauai. Pearl Harbor is a must visit if you are old enough to remember some of the events of WW-II.

There is NO MORE Pineaple farms in Oahu. Dole has one remaining, but they turned it into a tourist attraction. The pineaples you see there are not much larger then an average fist. So, don't expect to taste any good ones there!

One thing of note is that the freeways in Honolulu are BAD! Jay Leno likes to kid about the freeways in LA. But there is nothing there like those in Honlulu! Traffic is BAD too, ALL hours! So, if you plan to drive there, leave plenty early wherever you go!

If you plan to tour the Wakiki area, let me forewarn you. Parking space is RARE! Around there, even McDonald's does not have any space for you to park! No parking vouchers for them either. Outback Steak House, yes, but not McDonald's!

My impression of Hawaii as a whole: One visit is good enough. I would not go back!

#1 Son

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]