Here is a recipe for you to try while there...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by wws (68.126.188.145) on 18:55:11 08/10/07

In Reply to: OT: Anyone been to Hawaii ?? posted by Marty

: We are interested in Kaua'i and Maui.

For being so close to one another, each of the islands is very different from the other. And in some cases one side of an island is very different from the other side.

Maui is nice. Some fun things:

* Take the the road trip to the southern end of the island. Takes a good part of the day. Some wonderful seascapes, gardens, and waterfalls along the way.

* Snorkeling at the Molokini Crater

* Take a day trip to Lanai.

* Lots of golf...

* Check out the sunrise from the top of Haleakala Crater. (Some outfitters offer a bike ride down the mountain afterwards.)

Have been to the Big Island too. It is fun to drive over the Saddle Road (though it probably violates your rental car agreement...) and go up to the telescopes on the top of Mauna Kea. When we were there they were just constructing the base of the Canada/France/Hawaii 'scope. At the time, the U of Hawaii offered nighttime public viewings through the two 'small' 48" scopes. You had to call in advance to get signed up. No idea if they still have the program.

Honolulu and Waikiki - you may as well save the airfare and go to San Diego. Though there is some awesome diving on the west side of Oahu. A tour of Pearl and the Arizona Memorial is also interesting.

I've never been to Kaua'i.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com