OT: Travel Advice-Sacramento to Portland

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by OnBelay (76.84.42.105) on 07:57:42 08/27/07

I have a business meeting coming up in mid-September in Sacramento.

Purchased airline ticket last week; meeting date got bumped and now have ticket into Sac on Monday but meeting doesn't start until Thursday.

Instead of changing plane ticket, was noodling quick trip to Portland to see family from Monday thru Wednesday eve.

Airfare, SMF to PDX is about $125. For the same amount, could pay for gas in a rental car. 600 mile trip each way, and rental car would basically be free (was already renting it for that time period).

So, if you had the time and wanted to enjoy a day's drive, would you/have you ever done Sacramento to Portland? Would I be better off flying and saving the time?

Current Plus List: I love to drive, I haven't seen much of that part of the country, and I generally consider flying a hassle

Current negatives: takes about 8 hours out of each end of trip to see family.

Remember, you're thinking for a guy who hasn't had a vacation this year, and the family I will be going to see puts the "fun" in "dysfunctional". About 48 hours would be plenty of time to spend with them, so the 8 hour drive time might be good for preparing for them on the way in, then blowing off steam on the way out...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com
Contact us         Home Page