Re: new tires: matched costco price & hub-centric wheels

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Burbman (24.184.81.130) on 09:47:14 08/27/07

In Reply to: new tires: matched costco price & hub-centric wheels posted by Gary in SoCal

I asked American Racing the same question when I bought my wheels 3 yrs ago, and they confirmed that they are lug-centric. No aftermarket wheels are hub-centric for the reasons you stated (FYI, GM and Dodge use the 8x6.5 lug pattern, newer Fords are 8x170mm). I did get AR to confirm that the weight rating on my AR-23 rims is 3100 lbs, just a little over the 3042 rating of the factory 245-75-16E tires.

My RV is about 9,000 lbs loaded, although only double axle, and I've not had any problems. I don't think you'll have an issue unless you're seriously over the 8600 lb GVWR of the Burb. You might want to stop by a scale if you don't know what the weight is.

Regarding Costco, I think their "policies" and designed to idiot-proof the tire mounting process so they don't have any come-backs. Their profit model only allows them to service the customer once.

Last comment on Michelins, I did not have a good experience with a set of LTX/MS on my Burb ('01 K2500LT). Traction was non-existent on wet or snowy roads. Have the Bridgestone Dueller Revo's now and like night and day, 1000% improvement in my view.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com
Contact us         Home Page