Great deal on the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo LT265/75R-16 L.R. E tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Gary in SoCal (67.113.223.34) on 21:26:09 08/28/07

In Reply to: Re: new tires: matched costco price & hub-centric wheels posted by Gary in SoCal

Just got back with a fresh set of the load range E Bridgestone Revo's. I paid $860 "out the door"!

Tucker Tire Co., Laguna Niguel, CA (949)364-3225 Off the I-5 at Crown Valley Pkwy. A family run business started in the 1930's, the only other location is the original store in Covina.

Good luck getting through on the phone. Best to call when they open at 8AM or just keep trying. When I was there, the phones rang continuously; they'd pick up a call *maybe* every 5 minutes. maybe. The counter was just way too busy...

When the guy told me "$215 each" over the phone, I figured that didn't include sales tax. Wrong! That was the true the "out-the-door" price including mounting, balancing, new stainless fill stems, etc.

Don't get me wrong: The guys in the shop did not finesse *anything*! I parked out back near the roll-up doors. They wheeled up 4 floor jacks to lift the Sub's 4 corners. The Sub was surrounded by a dozen cars, trucks and SUVs on their own sets of 4 floor jacks. Maybe 40 minutes to complete the installation. That reminds me, I gotta re-torque those lug nuts tonight...

While waiting, I noticed a "Suspension Plus" center in the next bay in the same "gasoline alley". Open 'til 6. Tires mounted at 4:45, a $45 front end alignment done by 5:30!

First impression (after a full 6 miles on the Revo's)...
Wow, are they quiet compared to the worn Michelin LTX MS A/T's (but I'm sure a set of new Michelins would be quieter, too). The Revo's sidewalls are more limber than the Michelins. I distinctly recall my first impression when I drove the LTX MS A/T's for the first time -- really stiff when cornering. The Revo's are definitely more compliant.

Thanks again for sharing your insights and experience. What a great forum.

Gary

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com