Re: 99 Burb Intake Manifold Gasket

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Guy (24.176.160.98) on 22:18:00 09/06/07

In Reply to: 99 Burb Intake Manifold Gasket posted by Guy

Also I am considering buying a Haynes manual # 24065 and taking a stab at the repair myself. I have no resource for local assistance other than driving to a shop. What do you think?
Thanks
Guy

: I love my 99 3/4 ton Suburban 4x4 7.4L 454. I ve hade it since it rolled of the line, 130k miles ago. It started to get hot the other day, when inspected the radiator, wow what a mess! I have been flushing it for what seems like a week now. Removed the thermostat and disconnected the top heater hose and run water through it for over thirty minutes, still filthy. Added some heavy-duty chemical flush/cleaner, which required driving for 3 - 6 hours with the system sealed. The vehicle now overheats. I drove it for only 35 miles before the temp got to 240ish then stopped and had it towed home; now it over heats after about 20 minutes of idling. It appears to be seeping from the intake manifold gasket right behind the alternator and a little on the front of the driver's side also. I have tried to search the archives about this topic, with no luck. Any advice? Thanks in advance for any help!
: Guy
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]