Re: 99 Burb Intake Manifold Gasket

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Terry (69.243.30.32) on 07:58:49 09/12/07

In Reply to: Re: 99 Burb Intake Manifold Gasket posted by Guy

Guy..
BG flush machine completely flushes the cooling system to refresh the coolant and remove contaminants. First install the BG coolant system cleaner to loosen the contaminants and rust. Then use the high powered flush machine that pump the old coolant out and replaces it with new coolant as well as adds the BG coolant additive to extend the coolant properties and limit rust as well as lubricate moving parts like your water pump. BG products cooling system cleaner and conditioner removes the old deposits from your engine then treats the inside of the engine and conditions the coolant with additional additives to control the pH of the coolant. This treatment will reduce friction and help to prevent electrolysis.

IMO, BG flush is big improvement over conventional car owner flushing coolant system.

Terry

: Hey Terry,
: Thanks for the reply! What is a BG machine and how is it an improvement?
: Thanks
: Guy
:
:
:
: : I too had the infamous IM leak on four different occassions...1997 7.4L Burb currently with 157K miles on it. Same location as you've described. Three different GM garages repaired three of the four IM leaks. I performed my own IM repair when it started to leak the forth time. Repair has held up for well over two years. Here is where I paid close attention to detail. All new IM bolts, Victor Reinz IM gasket from NAPA Auto, mechanical cleaning of all IM bolt threads, myself and another person to carefully guide IM into position, application of two different GM specific thread lockers to both upper plenum bolts and IM bolts IAW GM's service manual, dead-on IM bolt torque values. As a bonus since the IM was removed, installed all new valve guide oil seals and new GM distributor.
: :
: : Your situation has an added problem...it is overheating. Personally, I'd find a garage who will flush cooling system using BG product. Not a drain and fill but a thorough flush with a BG machine.
: : For your reading, go to #1 Son's Topics Page http:\\aplsweb.com and you'll find plenty of stuff under "Cooling System".
: : Good luck!
: : Terry
: : ________________________________________
: : : Also I am considering buying a Haynes manual # 24065 and taking a stab at the repair myself. I have no resource for local assistance other than driving to a shop. What do you think?
: : : Thanks
: : : Guy
: : :
: : : : I love my 99 3/4 ton Suburban 4x4 7.4L 454. I ve hade it since it rolled of the line, 130k miles ago. It started to get hot the other day, when inspected the radiator, wow what a mess! I have been flushing it for what seems like a week now. Removed the thermostat and disconnected the top heater hose and run water through it for over thirty minutes, still filthy. Added some heavy-duty chemical flush/cleaner, which required driving for 3 - 6 hours with the system sealed. The vehicle now overheats. I drove it for only 35 miles before the temp got to 240ish then stopped and had it towed home; now it over heats after about 20 minutes of idling. It appears to be seeping from the intake manifold gasket right behind the alternator and a little on the front of the driver's side also. I have tried to search the archives about this topic, with no luck. Any advice? Thanks in advance for any help!
: : : : Guy
: : : :
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name: