Rotator Cuff Surgery for me

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Steve G (67.97.247.170) on 08:00:29 10/02/07

In Reply to: OT...I now have a handicap placard !!!! posted by Ben

After 24 years of constant volleyball (and some indoor soccer), and an incident a few months ago where I slipped on a ladder, grabbed a branch causing my entire weight to pull on the shoulder, I now need rotator cuff surgery, which will keep me out of commission for about 6 months, according to the doctor. The pain doesn't scare me, but not being able to play sports and do stuff around the house (and cars) will probably drive me crazy.

Steve

: Blew out my right knee ACL last nite at volleyball.
:
: Orthopedic surgeon confirms it's no long attached and MRI tomorrow to see if there are any other soft tissue damage.
:
: Wacky that some guys my age don't have theirs repaired. Even golf on occasion, but he says for me, have it repaired. Cadaver donor and not from my own hamstring.
:
: Bummer, but at least got a 6 month handicap placard and can now park in any handicap slot and not have to pay any parking meter! Even can park in green zones all day!
:
: No more blading, no more bicycling, no more volleyball, no more hiking, and going to get fat as a pig with the holidays around the corner.... :(

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com
Contact us         Home Page