Re: OT...swinging a hammer in DIY home stuff

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by George U (68.99.145.65) on 20:30:17 10/06/07

In Reply to: OT...swinging a hammer in DIY home stuff posted by Ben

To me, some of them are worth it. These old elbows and shoulders appreciate mechanization on larger DIY jobs. Plus you can sell tools after thier major use.

A few years ago I bought a pneumatic roofing nailer when i did my roof and it speeded things up greatly. I used it for that one job, then sold it for 60% of the sales price to a friend. Total amount invested was cheaper than renting one for the two weeks or so i used it.

We remodeld the kitchen recently, including ripping up the particleboard flooring and putting down sturdifloor for the new ceramic tile. I bought a self feeding Dewalt screwgun with extension so i didnt have crawl around on my knees all day. It worked prettty good even though i had to go over a few screws and retighten them to bury the heads. Had to save the knees for laying tile (that was literally a pain!). I still have it since we plan to do some more flooring but might sell it on ebay after that.

I have several "cheap" automotive pneumatics that i use occasionaly. I've found an impact wrench and a chisler are indespensable for some jobs. My next impact wrench (If the cheap one ever breaks) will be a high quality Ingersoll Rand as I tend to pay for higher quality in tools i use often.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com
Contact us         Home Page