Re: Power lock problem

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Peter (170.218.219.21) on 15:48:42 02/15/11

In Reply to: Power lock problem posted by Explorer_PL

: So my 06 Explorer is doing something "stupid" for the past few months. When I get home and shut the engine off, and leave the car unlocked, it will keep "unlocking" all the locks every 30-40 seconds (doors are unlocked anyway). When I lock the car, that takes care of the problem 95 % of the time, and the car does not try to unlock itself, it did few times but I noticed that if I lock it twice using the key fob ( Ihear chirp twice) it will stay locked. I checked all the latches around, and they are not stuck, I replaced the master lock (the whole pad in the the driver door with all the lock controles), but it still does it.
:
: Anmy suggestions ?
:
: Thanks
:
:

Just fishing here but are you using a key fob to lock and unlock? Is it possible that there is a short in the keyfob? does the problem occur with your spare keyfob as well? what about when the keyfob is out of range? Can you test it by either using the spare keyfob or maybe having someone run the keyfob into the house (out of range at least) while you watch to see if it stops its unlock attempts?

- Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com