Re: funny story...and a good link

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by OnBelay (76.84.35.30) on 16:05:44 10/03/11

In Reply to: funny story... posted by Marty

: When the alternator on the Suburban needed replacing, I went with a higher amp unit from Wrangler NW Power Products ( wranglerpower.com ).
:
: Story: The alternator in our old Pontiac needed to be replaced, so I picked up a "gold" unit from Autozone that had a lifetime warranty. It didn't work. I returned it to the store and the guy hooked it up thinking it was my original alternator. He pronounced it dead, and offered another for me to purchase. I said "why?", I just bought it from you this morning!
:

The remanufactured units from the Zone, NAPA, and a couple other big chains are all rebuilt by a company called MPA: Motorcar Parts of America. They are not all rebuilt to the same spec, but the process is the same, done by the same folks, etc.

With that said, find an AC Delco warehouse distributor. Look them up at

http://www.acdelco.com/index.jsp

and go to the bottom right corner, where it says "find a parts store". If it lists a "Wholesale only, business to business sales only" provider, that is where you want to go. They will probably only be open from 8-5, M-F, but they will not turn down cash.

This is the best way to get a new Delco unit. Chain stores will be listed on the Delco website, but they will probably try to push a remanufaactured unit. The Delco remans are good, but the new is the way to go if you can afford it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com
Contact us         Home Page