no dash lighting

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Peter (170.218.219.21) on 12:25:01 01/09/12

1997 Chevy Lumina sedan

First, the car has the automatic headlights/dash lights which come on by themselves when the sensor does not see daylight. There is also a manual switch to turn on the headlights/dash lights. When the lights are turned on, you expect to see the headlights on (changing from DRL) and the dashboard lights for the gauges and buttons illuminate and finally, the radio display should dim.

All I think I have right now is that (I think) my headlights are working because I can still see at night. I did not get out and check to see if a different bulb was illuminating. I have no lighting for any gauges or buttons and the radio light does not dim at all. There is a dial to adjust the brightness of the interior lights but it has no effect.

Ordinarily, I would take this to my tech. I hate to invest the money because the engine has a bad intake manifold gasket (no coolant in the oil yet) and I am trying to sell it on Craigslist for a couple of dollars.

I am hoping someone is going to suggest a specific fuse or relay. If it requires me to disassemble the dash to replace a sensor, then this is simply one more flaw in the as-is vehicle.

Any thoughts? Anyone with a wiring diagram that would cover the dash lights?

- Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com