Re: Sliding seats in 2000 Suburban - fixed!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by 2tejas (173.71.1.86) on 16:31:12 02/14/12

In Reply to: Re: Sliding seats in 2000 Suburban - fixed! posted by #1 Son

More a baseball fan these days. Go Rangers!

: Oh, boy! Thanks for an important post, 2tejas!
:
: I will add it to the Topic's Page ASAP.
:
: Also, sounds like you are from Texas too. Cowboy or Texans?
:
: #1 Son
:
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:
: : We have been living with this for a few years - ugh! A couple of weeks ago I decided to search for a solution again and found a link to a kit on ebay for this very problem. Reviews in the feedback for the seller were very good so we decided to buy it and try it - $16 shipped for the parts and instructions. The estimated time was 2 hours per seat so we decided to set aside a whole Saturday for it (because that's how we roll when it comes to any kind of repairs).
: :
: : I had emailed the seller requesting the tools list so we could gather anything we didn't have. We lacked one socket and some threadlocker. We decided to forego buying a ball peen hammer. Turns out we made a run to get the hammer during the repair.
: : It was not an easy job for us, being amateurs, but we did get the job done by 5:30 pm and I'm very pleased with the results. The seats no longer slide back and forth!
: : Total amount we had to spend was under $70 plus a day of labor. Considering we have read that GM's only solution costs over $500 per seat, we are quite pleased!
: : I might keep this 12 year old truck a few more years. :)
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title: