Re: leak in rear AC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Steve G (71.186.226.13) on 11:58:50 03/02/12

In Reply to: leak in rear AC posted by Peter

Rock Auto shows the two lines at about $325 each. These are AC Delco parts.

I had a small piece of line replaced with a crimp section a few years ago (2002 K2500) but it may not have been in the tight area that yours is.

The big issue will be if they can be removed at the rear AC system without damaging the evaporator, etc. that they are connected to.

Steve

: 2000 K1500 Suburban w/rear heat and AC, Cleveland Oh (rustbelt)
:
: I have a leak in the rear AC system. The leak is in the low pressure line above and behind the rear tire. My tech tells me that there is not enough room to weld or crimp anything in that small space. To remove the lines to repair them would likely cause more damage due to existing rust and age.
:
: New lines are $580 each (2 required) and the body must be lifted off the frame for clearance to install them. Different GM have offered conflicting info on whether the lines can be replaced by themselves or if there are other components that need to be replaced when the lines are done. Again, rust and age are issues and likely to increase cost and complexity.
:
: Has anyone had to address this issue in the 2000-2006 body Suburban? Do you know of any decent kits to help with the repair? The leak is in the low pressure line (3/4") in a location with poor access.
:
: The current proposal on the table is to seal the system where the lines branch off to the rear and only use front AC. Not so happy with this when considering a family trip with passengers in the rear on a summer day. someone will freeze or someone will cook but I don't expect a balance.
:
: thanks,
:
: - Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title: