Re: 2004 suburban AC controller issue

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by peter (170.218.219.21) on 08:42:31 07/30/12

In Reply to: Re: 2004 suburban AC controller issue posted by gorilla bob

: : below is the procedure for recalibrating if you have replaced a control module. Don;t know if this is what you were looking for, but thought the "MPORTANT: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result" was relevant.
: :
: : Re-Calibrating Actuators - HVAC System - Automatic
: Well followed the procedure several times. then both sides blew hot air. but after several restarts of the truck finally both sides started blowing cold air again. back from vacation and we were cool all the way. Thanks for the post.
:

Interesting conclusion. It sounds like you did not actually replace anything but eventually the system reset. I had a similar problem on my 2000 Sub and it too reset after a restart. When it happened, all I got was hot air (I don't have dual zones so everyone got the same air). I shut down at the next rest stop and it came back on cold when we got going again. I wish there was more to understanding the problem than just "rebooting" the system. Felt like I was driving a Microsoft Windows computer.

- Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com