Re: Conversation Starter: My favorite moment in a Suburban was...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Peter (170.218.219.21) on 12:47:28 09/04/12

In Reply to: Conversation Starter: My favorite moment in a Suburban was... posted by OnBelay

I have to start by saying that clearly, we all lead different lives with varied experiences. The Suburban may be one of our only common factors.

My top 3 events Suburban were:

We have vacationed on the east coast practically every summer for the last 20 years - an 8-10 hour drive from our home in Northeast Ohio. Our 2000 K1500 LS Sub has been our travel wagon for the last 12 years. We have carried everything with us from cribs and diaper to boogie boards. I sometimes have used a rooftop rack and filled 8 of the 9 seats. I couldn't have given my family these vacations if I had to pay airfare. Only once did we "suffer" when we had an air conditioner problem and it kept freezing up.

Living on the edge of the snow belt of Lake Erie, we get our share of white stuff to shovel. I always feel better letting the kids drive to school in the Suburban when the snow is falling. I know I will not be the parent worrying about the kids getting the car stuck in the snow. After I put hands-free bluetooth of rour cellphones into the Suburban, it really gave me peice-of-mind.

I live in an neighborhood that does not see many DIY activities. I loved building my porch and finding so many neighbors staring at me. The Suburban played its role by towing home a rented post hole digger so I could dig the six holes into hard clay in an afternoon instead of a week.

I love my Sub.

- Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]