Re: Possible product suggestion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by OnBelay (76.84.42.142) on 07:21:39 12/20/12

In Reply to: Re: Possible product suggestion posted by Igore

: Good idea, I'll have to look into it more. Like, does the ball or pin rust in?, does it have the weight rating I need?

The entire assembly is stainless. Weight ratings on the website
:
: I supose it's not even that big a deal to change a regular ball with a big socket and pipe wrench if it comes to that.
:

I personally would rather take the hitch out and put in a trim panel to cover/keep mud and crud out of the receiver.

-no knocking my shin against the protruding ball and hitch. Yes, I know you've done it too.

-hitches are easily stolen unless locked on; why not just take it off

-you may think the hitch is providing protection against a rear end collision, but I am of the opinion that you are going to cause more damage by having a single impact point instead of spreading the impact across the entire back of the truck. I was sitting at a stop light last spring and got hit by a Civic. The Civic was totaled, and it cracked the plastic bumper cover on my Sub. The entire drawbar assembly for the receiver rides about an inch in front of that big plastic cover, and there was no damage to the hitch or truck frame. I would propose that if I had a a hitch in the receiver, it would have pushed forward on that point.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com
Contact us         Home Page