Well, if that didn't bring back a memory or 3...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Steve in Idaho (174.27.48.224) on 10:42:18 01/09/13

In Reply to: Re: update on my 1996 K3500 Sub and misc ramblings... posted by Ben

: Heck, while looking through my album, found this of two other members. They have/had 1500's. Guess who? Plus warn others who might have lunch with them...they can stomach hot sauce well past my level of pain... :)

>>Pic was taken toward the end of a 2-year stopover in CA on our way from DFW to Idaho. 15 years of Texas bbq created the craving for hot sauce.

Sold the 'burb 3.5 years ago with 180K on the clock, third set of manifold gaskets, second transmission, and on 3rd set of Michelin 265 AT's.

Traded 'burb for Land Cruiser, zero regrets save mpg as it's 3 tons with me and a full tank, but it's bulletproof in cruddy freezing weather, exceptionally reliable, and as good as the 'burb for freeway runs between here and CA. Still miss the extra room in the 'burb, though.

:
: Been through at least five sets of tires, IIRC. Mostly Michelin, but no longer a Michelin fan. They crack over time and yes know that all tires age, but not as fast as Michelins.
:

>>>The LC has 285-75's Toyo AT's, 30K from new with no issues and even tread wear. Tread is a step or 2 more aggressive than the Michelin's, but ride is quiet and traction on ice and snow great so far.

Take care and very good New Year to all.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com