cold air under passenger dash

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Peter (170.218.219.21) on 13:27:45 01/25/13

2000 NBS K1500 Suburban, 110,000 miles, Cleveland, Ohio

Having taken a couple of long drives in the Suburban over the last few weeks, my wife was complaining that there is cold air coming in under the dash on the passenger side. I looked briefly and there is warm air coming out of the floor vent (center of vehicle) as directed by the dashboard controls but there is also a decent amount of cold air (when moving) that comes down from the dash closer to the door.

This is a base Sub without dual climate controls.

Related or not: I have had a few instances of the air coming out hot regardless of the temp set on the dial. It is usually restored to normal operation by restarting the vehicle (albeit not very practical when you are on the highway). I am inclined to pull a used control head/dash control from a donor vehicle and try that as a fix for this particular problem.

Any suggestions as to finding the cold air leak? I assume it is a leak since the outdoor temps were below freezing on these trips which would have produced the cold air. We did not notice it over the summer in warm/hot weather driving.

- Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com