Re: '03 Tahoe 2WD pulls to left

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by markinNJ (69.121.191.119) on 20:53:41 01/30/13

In Reply to: Re: '03 Tahoe 2WD pulls to left posted by Russell

How about a dragging left brake caliper?

Ask her to drive around a little, then see if she can tell if there's a difference in the temperature of each front wheel. One side should be warm, the other side REALLY warm.

: #1, thanks for the idea. I passed it on to her.
:
: I would not be surprised if the ball joints are worn out at 100K+ miles. That might explain her symptoms.
:
: I was just floored by the "replace the torsion bar" diagnosis given to her in writing at the chain repair shop.
:
: Russell
:
: : First, MAKE SURE you check the Tire Pressures on ALL four wheels, especially the two front ones!
: :
: : #1 Son
: :
: : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: : : I gave my 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 5.3ltr to my daughter. It has 110,000 miles on the odometer. She now lives and works 250 miles away.
: : :
: : : She noted it was pulling to the left while driving. She took it to a chain auto repair shop in Oklahoma City.
: : : They informed her that the torsion bars need to be replaced. Cost $800.
: : : She may need that but I did not think that 2WD Tahoes had front torsion bars.
: : : Any suggestions? What is the most likely cause of her problem? Any recommended shops in the Oklahoma City, OK area?
: : : She needs to do a 500 mile round trip on Friday, so she needs to either deal with it before Friday or live with the problem till she can get it fixed.
: : : Thanks,
: : : Russell
: : : Dallas, TX
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments: