Re: update on my 1996 K3500 Sub and misc ramblings...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Bud (76.17.6.156) on 11:30:37 02/05/13

In Reply to: update on my 1996 K3500 Sub and misc ramblings... posted by Ben

Ben,

Good to hear that you still have the old sub. I still have my 95 2500 with 198k, still running strong. So many tips and tricks over the past years (too many) that have kept it going. Now my hunting vehicle and have almost lifetime warranty parts on everything. Parts guy hates me...here is a quick list of the top of my head:

4 heater cores
3 Radiators
5 NAPA Severe duty brake pads (yes in 1997 they had lifetime warranty..lol)
2 Alternators
2 belt tensioners

Good to see the old bored is still available..

: Time to do some serious maintenance and possibly updates to my GMT400, 1996 K3500 Suburban (7.4L, 4.1) at just over 160,000 miles
:
: 16.5 years old and still going strong, albeit not as strong as it was a decade ago...and still looks pretty much like it did in this picture taken after getting it back from the body shop, IIRC around 2002, after nailing a Land Rover that jumped a stop sign
: Photobucket
:
: Engine oil PSI is down a bit. Here are pic's of the dash gauges when it was still close to new PSI's
:
: At idle after SMOG testing and up to temp (have 180*F stat that is further modified with a 3/32" Dia hole in the flange). Now around 40PSI at idle
:
: At freeway speeds coming home after that SMOG test and PSI is now around 65PSI...morning startup no longer pegs it well past 80PSI
:
: Modified 180*F stat pic's, currently have the stainless version in there
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject: