Re: heater control gone awry

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Louie65 (108.23.208.46) on 21:59:57 02/25/14

In Reply to: Re: heater control gone awry posted by Louie65

: : 2000 NBS K1500 LS
: :
: : I have had this problem intermittently in the past but I haven't driven the sub much recently so I don't know if this is another incident or now a full time problem.
: : The temperature control on the dash for the front heat/ac does not seem to affect the temp. It is always hot. The rear heater control does work for those vents. In the past, I thought it was an electronics issue since turning off the car and back on resovled it but not today. Outside temp in the 20's and I had to crack the windows open for comfort.
: : Looking for info on the temp control. Is it electronic or mechanical from the dial on the dash? Are there servo motors or vacuum lines? Do I look under the dash or under the hood? If a vacuum line, would I hear the engine run rough since it is letting in air or at least hear a new "air" noise? What is the troubleshooting protocol?
: : All ideas are welcome if anyone is still reading these posts.
: : - Peter
:
: Take a look at the HVAC heater temp/blend door actuator. There should be like three of these on your HVAC box under the dash. The far left by driver is the distribution of air. There is another actuator motor on the passenger upper side that controls the circulation/ recirculation within the vehicle. The last one is on the the lower passenger side and should control the temperature. These servo actuators have small plastic gears the crack and stop working. Had to change one on my son's 2005 Silverado 2500HD (Distribution servo). Take a look at the link.
:
: Good luck,
:
: Lou

http://www.silveradosierra.com/how-to-articles/how-to-fix-mode-blend-door-actuator-problems-t67473.html

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com
Contact us         Home Page