Re: Steve G or Peter AC update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Peter (170.218.219.22) on 15:40:25 07/10/14

In Reply to: Re: Steve G or Peter AC update posted by Steve G

: : Having similar problems with AC on 2004 sub. What did you find out with your AC's? Thanks.
:
: In my case, the mechanic could not find any leaks. He said it could be at the compressor and not be showing up with the dye. He recharged the system and it held up for about 1 1/2 months before it was warm again. I went to Walmart and bought the "AC Pro" recharge kit for $35 and recharged it myself. It's still holding up, so it looks like recharge will work for about 1 1/2 months.
:
: Around here, the need for AC is only about 3-4 months long so I'll keep recharging it when needed, unless it gets much worse. A refill bottle for the kit is only about $25, so if I have to recharge 3 times a summer it's only $75, which is a lot less than any AC fix.
:
: Steve
:
:

Please check with your mechanic about using the store bought recharge kits. Mine told me that he would not touch my A/C system if I used a recharge kit with "leak sealer". He said if the sealer gets into his A/C vacuum/recharge system, it costs him really big bucks. Just be transparent next time you take in for an A/C service.

- Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com