Re: Transfer Case DTC C0327 TXFR Case Encoder

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Matt L. (153.31.112.20) on 02:17:10 10/29/14

In Reply to: Re: Transfer Case DTC C0327 TXFR Case Encoder posted by #1 Son

Thanks to all!

Everything is apart. Part is due in tomorrow. Odd discovery during disassembly.

Front differential is engaged. As in the yolk won't turn. I had to push the burb forward 6" to get the front driveshaft to clear enought to pull it forward. Any ideas? Is my front diff actuator shot too or did it just stop in the engaged position when the encoder died freezing the entire 4wd system in place?

Lastly, should I be able to rotate the txfr case encoder shifting lug? It will rotate slightly against what feels like spring tension and rebound to its original position.

New blue fluid going in too. Sadly its not blue anymore. I've been neglectful. Please don't call SPS (Suurban Protective Services)on me life has been terribly busy these past few years!

Thanks again!

Matt

: Thank you Mr. OnBelay, for helping out!
:
: This post ALONE should show Mr. Joe below the reason why THIS SITE SHOULD BE UP and NOT BE KILLED. It should be up for as long as any of the prior generations of Suburbans are still around!
:
: This also is the exact reason why this 82 year old-man yours Truly has been helping Peter, and other to hold up this site.
:
: Thank you again, OnBelay!
:
: #1 Son
:
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: : "The transfer case shift control module will clear the DTC if the condition for setting the DTC no longer exists."
: :
: : Transfer Case Actuator (encoder) is a very common replacement item. Part will be in the $100-$150 range, with the Delco OE being on the high end, Dorman or Standard Motor Parts the less expensive.
: :
: : Book time of 1.2 hours, add .3 for r&r skid plates if necessary.
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com