'95 Update (Praise Dyno, Cat, etc.)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Portie (128.8.65.38) on 15:11:14 12/17/07

Just wanted to update everyone on my 1995 GMC 1500 Suburban (2wd). I have known the front brakes needed a replacement for a couple of years (I don't drive it much!). So I ordered Praise Dyno Stage II rotors and pads for the front (the rears will have to wait a while). I also ordered Goodrich stainless brake lines, and a bolt-on cat converter and Rancho rear shocks.

I am very happy with the PD brakes! No more brake fade and I can stop a lot faster. I am not sure the stainless lines have helped--the brake pedal is still a little spongy at first. Glad all of you had discovered this brake company and praised (!) them so much here because I like them too now.

The cat converter is a huge help. I definitely have more power and a lot of the cold-running problems I had seem to have gone away. Between the brakes and cat the vehicle is now a dream to drive. Before, I was beginning to dislike being behind the wheel of the Sub.

I am not sure if the Rancho rear shocks helped. They were definitely worn out and I have always had a little shimmy in the vehicle at speeds 65-70 (even though I have nice new tires on it). Now I think I need to replace the fronts, they feel too springy on bumps. I probably need new wheels--the ones I have are aftermarkets and while they look nice they are kinda cheap and weak.

All parts fit perfectly even though every single one was ordered from the internet, the mechanic also did an oil change (synthetic) and tried to fix my AM radio static (and it is better now). Total labor cost was $215! I love my mechanic.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com
Contact us         Home Page