Re: wheel covers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Fred (216.150.133.145) on 08:40:22 02/01/08

In Reply to: Re: wheel covers posted by Ben

Long time lurker - seldom poster.

I have the same year/model truck with the same Michelin's on them. They are my second set. The first set wore out at appox 70K miles.

My truck sits for extended periods of time. Sometimes over a month. Recently I took the truck out and there was a noticible shimmy in the wheel while driving. It went away after approximately 10 miles. It probably was a flat spot from sitting. My tires do not have any signs of cracking. I do not use any tire treatments.

I would suspect it may be the combination of the tire treatments, exposure to sun and possibly flat spotting. I will need to keep an eye on this.

I use the truck mainly for towing a trailer and race car. I would not want an issue while towing.

Here is another issue I recently had - While stopping the left front tire would lock up and release (at appoximately 20-40 mph) while I was stopping. I previously experienced the problem stopping at appox 2 mph. That was fixed with new ABS sensors. I suspect this is the same type of problem. The calipers were replaced approximately 2 years ago so I doubt that is the cause. The truck did not pull while this was happening.

I will probably replace the sensors when I replace the rotors and brake pads.

Fred

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com