Re: wheel covers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Ben (76.14.17.32) on 18:22:28 02/01/08

In Reply to: Re: wheel covers posted by Fred

You bring up a good point on tire treatments.

Think I'll 'test' not using any tire treatments, even the highly touted 303. Am now wondering if one of the places I've taken the Sub in for something treated it with ArmorAll.

Found 303 from a Michelin Rep's recommendation after he said they won't warranty any of their tires that have been treated with ArmorAll.

Wacky, in that all my other vehicles have 303 treatment on their tires and most of them were Michelin. No cracking except for these LTX's.

Blaine, how old are the commercial tires that go 500,000-1,000,000 miles? Know they get re-treaded several times.

I'll have to check the ABS sensors the next time the brakes are touched.

Worried about the rear tires/brakes when the time comes to get new tires back there. The current LTX-AT's are flat spotted from skidding because of the super tune back there. For about 6 months, at each stop, the rears skidded while I was playing with the super tune design.

Still noodling a rear disc conversion, but none of the kits I've looked at recently are what I want. Think I can design and make a better setup and put a parking/E brake on the drive shaft at the transfer case.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com
Contact us         Home Page