Re: Coolant heater plug cover...where to find

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Igore (71.32.191.180) on 10:11:00 02/05/08

In Reply to: Coolant heater plug cover...where to find posted by steve in id

In northern Minnesota, I don't even think of plugging in the truck until it is expected to get to at least 10 below. Here, we just leave the plugs out in the open, drooling out the grille or under the hood. The molded plugs only get a little surface corrosion over the life of the car. If this concerns you, get a short, heavy extension cord and leave the heater plug itself under the hood.

The little bit of corrosion on the plug blades is minor compared to a cover full of 10 below ice that has turned into a rock and doesn't want to come off.
:
: I've looked like crazy for the cheap plastic goodies...no luck. GM doesn't list them as separate pieces, imagine that :)
:
: For those of you with gas motors living in the north, consider adding a heater next time you drain the coolant...$25 or so at your dealer. Like (almost) having an electric blanket on the truck...heat starts happening front & rear after a mile or 2, even in single digits.
:
: Any help would be appreciated; my google-fu is apparently not as good as I thought.
:
: thanks
:
: Steve
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments: