Re: Engine won't start

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Igore (71.32.191.180) on 10:16:11 02/05/08

In Reply to: Engine won't start posted by Frank

Put some gas in a spray bottle. Spray a couple shots into the air tube leading into the throttle body. Try starting the truck. If the engine starts for a few seconds and dies, you have a fuel problem like a plugged filter, bad relay, bad fuse, or bad pump.

Bet on the bad pump. This usually fails first to protect all the easy to get at parts.

If the engine doesn't start, especially if it doesn't promise, you probably have an ignition system problem.

: My 97 Yukon has been sitting in the parking lot for a few weeks and still has the old gasoline from June 2007. I got it started yesterday, drove for about 10 yards and need to stop the engine to get the key chain out. I came back a minute later try to start the engine and it cranked but won't start no mater what. I tried to floor the gas pedal while cranking the engine or let it sit for 5 min then turned the ignition, still no start. I can smell gas under the hood and a little white smoke came out the tail pipe. What can I try next before calling for the flat bed?
: The truck has been sitting because it needs a c-clip on the rear drive shaft and this is the 2nd time it broke on me.
: Thanks for any suggestion or advice.
:
: Frank

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: