Huh?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by OnBelay (76.84.42.105) on 06:52:21 02/06/08

In Reply to: Cleaning the inside of a radiator? OK to use detergent in a running engine? posted by NoEcm

Like many pieces of information on the internet, just because you "could" follow these instructions, certainly doesn't mean you "should".

(and yes, I realize that my opinion is just as valuable as someone who has told you to put detergent in your radiator.) However, let's sit back with a cup of coffee and contemplate this.

The state of the automotive repair market is that if there was a "fix in a can" that would take care of this oily substance, someone would be out there making their 20% profit margin on selling it to you. I can see no possible good outcome from this-clear water, heated to the temps of a running engine, will provide a good cleaning action without the potential problems that introducing a soap substance could cause.

If that "oily substance" won't flush out with three flushes of clean water recommended by this "expert", then you must still have a source for the oily substance to be introduced to the coolant.

Please send your $.02 for my opinion to the OnB Charitable Trust, c/o #1 Son's Savings and Loan.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com
Contact us         Home Page