How about a web site?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Peter (12.149.100.21) on 08:37:41 02/28/08

In Reply to: Re: Why not just invest in a hard drive? posted by Ben

Ben, if I understand correctly, you want to use an online file storage as a shared location for others to download your files. I have a couple of thoughts.

1. While this makes for a free and easy way to share, it will probably include the creation and sharing of a common user ID and password. This can be a headache if people lose/forget the access information.

2. I don't think you can setup "read only" access to the files. (haven't looked too hard at this) This means that not only can they download the files but they can also modify/update/delete them.

So, I think this might be a simple solution but too many little issues to make it worthwhile. Let me offer another idea.

I have a co-worker in a similar situation with his association. He took your second option and setup a web site for the association with all relevant info posted to the site. For docs that you want to download, you would ftp them to the web server and put a link to it on a web page. This option also offers a way to communicate other association news in a common manner. email me for their web site if you want to look or want help getting started. Cost is less than $100/year for the web site method.

- Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com