Re: one opinion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Crusader556 (65.219.120.130) on 14:18:58 04/09/08

In Reply to: Re: one opinion posted by Jeff in CO

Jeff,

Thanks for the tips!

Yes, I'm looking at the 1/2 ton models. I don't plan to do much towing and it's going to mostly be a people mover.

I've also been looking through the Ebay listings but I'm kind of leery about getting a car from Ebay especially since I will most likely not be able to check the things you mentioned above before bidding on them.

I live in central Ohio so I've been checking on Cars.com for Suburbans in about a 200 mile radius.

I've found quite a few that I"ve checked out and test drove but I'm still looking.

The bad thing is since I'm generally checking out Suburbans in other towns I can't be as thorough as I would like when checking them out because I don't know any local mechanics or garages I can trust.

If I'm at a dealer do you think it's too much to ask them to put the vehicle up and pull the wheels so I can inspect the brakes?

Also, how would I verify if the fuel pump or intake manifold have been replaced or even if it needs replacing? Is there a certain mileage that these two items need to be replaced at?

What about the timing belt or chain? (I'm not even sure which one the Suburban uses)

At what mileage should the timing belt or chain have been replaced? Is this something I can actually verify visually?

Thanks for the help!

- Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]