Re: one opinion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by gorilla bob (24.119.178.52) on 23:18:08 04/09/08

In Reply to: one opinion posted by Peter

: Here are my thoughts based mostly on being the admin for this board and owning a 2000 Sub (same body style as 04, 05).
:
::
: There was an item about the steering shaft making noise but an 04-05 should not see that.

As I understand it , 04 was slight redesign year. the touch it up a little to make it get us to the major change in body. Have heard that there were some changes in the fuel pump and delivery system in 04, but have not been able to verify.

I have the 04 and have the squeeky steering shaft. so it is still there. There is a 4wd or all wheel drive option in 04. i have the all wheel. wanted 4wd, but could not find one at the time. have seen a few glitches, ( says that the tire monitor is not working.) shut off and restart and then works for the next 150 starts, and then shows up again. getting about 14 to 16 mpg at 70 mph. i like teh silver color. reflects a lot of heat in teh summer and does not get as hot inside as a darker color does. love teh heated seats in Minnesota!!!!!! i suspect with some routine maintenance willl get me to 200k. bought with 86k 1 year ago for 19.5k. Wife loves the ride campared to the 1990 that it replaced. good luck and happy hunting.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com
Contact us         Home Page