Re: OT....'they' say my XP Pro is not genuine

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Peter (76.241.150.74) on 22:36:47 04/13/08

In Reply to: OT....'they' say my XP Pro is not genuine posted by Ben

: Just back in the house to check on a medication for dad and find that my system (MS XP Pro) says it's not genuine?!?
:
: First, how in the world did it 'know', as in did it go out and check with MS or something? Maybe auto update
: did it....but....I've turned off internet access (Zone Alarm) for Windows Genuine Advantage.
:
: Do I need to turn that back on in order to get updates?
: I don't/can't get updated manually as the MS site only
: accepts IE browser interface and then on top of that, requires that I turn on ActiveX permissions.
:
: I did purchase XP Pro and have the receipts and the CD with the proper code (at that time). Have made many,
: many changes to the system and is XP keeping track of them, so now it thinks it's another computer?
:
: Any hints on HOW2 resolve this?

I had a similar problem when my PC died and I rebuilt it on a new motherboard. When I rebooted, it told me that it was an unauthorized version. When I put in the code, it told me that it had been used too many times and did not accept it. I called microsoft and they either gave me a new code or did something on their end to permit it (I don't recall). If you really are legit (I believe you), just call and spend the time on the phone to straighten it out.

- Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

OurSUV.com