Re: Barn Door Electrical Contacts - corrosion and more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by Steve G (67.97.247.170) on 06:12:46 04/23/08

In Reply to: Barn Door Electrical Contacts - corrosion and more posted by Art R

As for the "missing" contact, if you look at the spring loaded fingers you will notice that one is different from the rest. That one will line up with the "missing" contact. It's just a plunger for the dome light switch for the barn doors. It doesn't need a contact.

Steve

: My 95k1500 has 145,000 miles and seems to be running strong. Each Spring and Fall I try to do some maintenance to the body.
:
: In the past, I've used silicone spray on rubber parts, bushings and seals. I've sprayed a little on the "contacts" on the barn doors.
:
: My passenger side barn door has 5 copper colored contacts shaped like little rectangles. The meet up with the spring loaded contacts on the body of the truck. However, there are 6 contacts on the body.
:
: Question 1: Did one of the rectangles fall off? Should there be 6?
:
: Question 2: How can I keep those things clean? Then the corrode it causes problems with the electric lock and the defroster/de-icer.
:
: Lastly, the defroster on the passenger side is non function. I cleaned the contacts (there are only 2) and I can't seem to get it to work. No visible breaks or anything.
:
: Thanks!
:
: Art R
:
: (I think) spring loaded type contacts

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments: