Re: Hard shifts in 2004 K2500 Suburban

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ OurSUV.com ]

Posted by CharlieT (75.18.167.87) on 13:44:17 05/25/08

In Reply to: Hard shifts in 2004 K2500 Suburban posted by CharlieT

Thanks OnBelay! My tranny has exactly the symptoms listed in the TSB except that it clears up by itself. The problem is the dealer is about three miles away and it generally clears up in that distance. I hope it sets codes. I'll take it in after I get back from my 4 week 2000 mile trip pulling my travel trailer and I'll post the outcome here.

And #1 Son, Its not that I'm bashful about posting - it's just that I'm intimidated. I don't work on my cars so I don't know enough to help others. But if I do have something to report that others would be interested in I sure will because as I said I love this board and check in often.

charlie

: Normally shifts are buttery smooth but if it sits unused for 3 weeks or so it shifts very hard for the first few miles. It has done this since it was new. I tried activating tow/haul hoping the increased line pressure would free something up but it just made the shifting worse. I changed out the the transmission fluid to the new Dexron at 35K miles but it didn't help.
:
: My sub is still under extended warranty. Is this something I should pony up the $200 deductible to try and get fixed? Or should I just live with it because it's not something that's going to get worse.
:
: I love my sub and I love this board - I've learned so much here. This is the first time I've asked for help.
:
: Charlie T
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: